Loading...
HISTORY OF THE BUILDING2020-12-03T16:35:48+00:00

February 4, 1850

THE BUILDING

The Mansion of Evanthia Pieridou is located on Larnaca’s Foinikoudes Road, and it is the last mansion still standing on the seafront, where the grand homes of foreign consulates and European merchants, as well as local financial magnates, once dominated.

THE BUILDING

The Mansion was built in 1850 by Ioannis Pierides, one of the most powerful bankers of his time, and founder of the commercial Giovanni House in Larnaca.

EVANTHIA PIERIDI

His daughter, Evanthia Pieridi, was the last descendant of the House of Ioannis Pierides. She lived her whole life in the Mansion, and was one of Larnaca’s major benefactors.

EVANTHIA PIERIDI

Upon her death, she bequeathed the mansion to the Larnaca Hospital committee with the following requests:
a) The property is to be rented, and any income that remains after the payment of taxes and expenses for repairs and improvements is to be used for the needs of the Larnaca Hospital.
b) The Mansion is to maintain its original façade (unlike the remaining historical buildings that were demolished to the peoples’ general indifference).

Go to Top